How To Apply
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is usually 31st July every year and interested parties should check the website to apply for the following year.
The following are some of the requirements to be considered for enrolment into SAFELTP
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Applicants should be registered with their respective professional bodies
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook for use in communication, word processing, analysis, presentation and report generation.
- A valid driver’s licence and willingness to drive a hired car.
- Non South African/non SADC citizens who are accepted must do the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) and have their original degrees accredited by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
- Proof of current physical residential address for future purposes of Domicilium citandi et executandi.
Minimal Educational requirements
- A medical, veterinary or dentistry degree ; OR
- A doctorate degree in a medical/health related field; OR
- A master’s degree in a medical or health related field; OR
- An honours degree with at least 2 years’ applicable work experience ; OR
- A 4-year bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years’ applicable work experience ; OR
- A 3-year bachelor’s degree plus at least 5 years’ applicable work experience (see below)
Please note that a BTec degree does not fulfil the minimum educational requirements of the University of Pretoria and the SAFELTP.
Work experience requirements
- Professional experience in a health field or other fields relevant to health
- Experience of working in the public health system is desirable