Every doctor or nurse (health care provider) in both the public and private health sector who diagnoses a patient with any one of the NMC must report the case. Failure to report a NMC is a criminal offense.
Electronic notification via the NMC APP
(Download the NMC APP from the NICD website (NMC page) or via your cell phone app store. Refer to the NMC APP user manuals)
- Capture the NMC case details onto the NMC mobile or web APP (New Case tab).
- Upon completion of data capture, save the data and the notification will automatically be sent to all relevant focal people at Health Establishment, Sub-District, District, Province & National.
Paper based notification (also refer to SOP for NMC reporting)
1. Complete the NMC Case Notification Form.
2. Send the NMC Case Notification Form to NMCsurveillanceReport@nicd.ac.za or fax to 086 639 1638 or
NMC hotline 072 621 3805. Form(s) can be sent via sms, whatsapp, email, fax.
3. Send a copy to the NMC focal person at Sub-District/District (details given on the cover page of the NMC booklet).