VACANCIES ARE CLOSED
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATIONS
1. If you meet the requirements, kindly forward a concise CV to The relevant Practitioner/Administrator (Human Resources) by email , quoting the reference number and the job title.
2. Response Email addresses of the relevant HR representative and or Region is supplied at the end of each regional adverts. The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application has been received. Incomplete applications and applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
3. Any credentials of the contract of employment will be subject to criminal record checks, citizen verification, financial record checks, qualification/Study verification, previous employment verification; social media accounts behavior/comments verifications, competency/psychometric assessments, signing of performance contract on appointment, signing of an employment contract on appointment, presentation etc.
4. All health professional roles may be subjected to further assessment in line with the applicable matrix to determine the correct level.
5. Proof of registration with a Professional body (e.g. HPCSA, SANC etc.) and other supporting documents should accompany all applications.
6. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
7. The NHLS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The filing of posts will be guided by the NHLS employment Equity Targets.
8. Successful applicants will be remunerated on the published scale associated with the grade of the post. This means that the remuneration of an applicant who is successful for a position that is lower than his/her current job grade will be adjusted downward with effect from the date of appointment.
9. External applicants shall be responsible for all expenditure related to attendance of interviews.
CLOSING DATE: 19 NOVEMBER 2019
To assume the role of senior scientist conducting STI-related research and surveillance in the STI Section, Centre for HIV and STI. To lead HPV surveillance activities in the STI Section and conduct HPV-related research relevant to the pathology discipline. To teach and train scientists and registrars from both the University and NHLS. To contribute to the write-up and presentation of research data from the STI Section.
SENIOR MEDICAL EPIDEMIOLOGIST
With guidance from the Centre Head, to provide leadership and strategic direction for Epidemiology Section of the CHARM in line with NICD’s role and responsibilities and to facilitate close working relationships and cohesion between the Department of Health, other stakeholders, and centres within NICD.
Provide statistical support in the design, implementation, analysis and reporting of laboratory, clinical and surveillance TB research activities.
INFORMATION MANAGER (NMC)
Design, develop and maintain information systems to meet strategic and operational reporting requirements for surveillance systems within the NICD with a specific focus on Notifiable Medical Conditions (NMC). Conduct and manage activities relating to extraction, storage, collection, management and reporting of clinical and laboratory NMC information.
TECHNICAL LEAD: ETL
The ETL Technical Lead role is to plan, coordinate and supervise and/or participate in all activities related to the integration of data across various sources into an organised and unified view within the surveillance data warehouse to ensure the delivery of timely, accurate information in support of the NICD mandate.
LABORATORY ANIMAL TECHNOLOGIST
To ensure that the operations of the CEZPD animal unit and supervision of laboratory animals husbandry is in line with operational requirements, including maintenance and breeding of laboratory animals for research and diagnostic purposes, production of diagnostic reagents using laboratory animals, inoculation of laboratory animals with diagnostic specimens and monitoring supervision of staff and their husbandry duties, aimed at providing health and a safe environment for laboratory animals.
To create, process and expedite all orders for internal customers and capital expenditure nationally in accordance with Procurement Policies.
To manage, report and monitor progress of the Population Based Cancer Registry (PBCR), supervise PBCR field- based staff and promote research within the PBCR.
Perform all duties pertaining to all routine activities (HIV surveillance, HIV rapid test post market surveillance, project-related testing) of the Sero-Molecular section for the Centre for HIV and STIs.