The SADC (Southern African Development Community) Malaria week taking place from 6 – 10 November 2017 is dedicated to creating awareness and educating the public about malaria and other health related issues such as HIV and AIDS, TB in the region.
Different events are lined up during Malaria week such as SADC Health Ministers meeting which aims to minister provide a collective oversight of the implementation of the regional health agenda, Strengthen collective Malaria Elimination in the SADC region and the harmonisation and rationalisation of the resources in the implementation and attainment of health objectives.
According to WHO in 2015 there were 3.2 billion people at risk of malaria in 95 countries and territories, with an associated burden of 214 million cases and 438,000 deaths yearly.
LIST OF SADC MALARIA 2017 EVENTS :
- SADC Senior Health Officials Meeting, Protea Hote, The Ranch Polokwane, 06/07 November 2017
- Malaria Conference, Edenvale National Health Laboratory Services, 07/08/09 November 2017
- SADC Health Ministers’ Meeting, Protea Hotel:, The Ranch Polokwane, 08/09/ November 2017
- SADC Malaria Day Commemoration, Thomo Village Giyani,10 November 2017
- Technical meeting of SADC Human Resources Managers, Birchwood Hotel, Randburg, Gauteng province, 02/03 November 201
SADC Member States affected by malaria are Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo,, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, United Republic of Tanzania, Zanzibar, Zambia and Zimbabwe