- To provide a platform for building field epidemiology capacity for health professionals.
- To strengthen the capacity of health professionals to improve surveillance and detect and respond to public health events.
- To develop the capacity of health professionals to utilise evidence-based approaches to drive programs and to inform policy decisions.
- To provide the framework to encourage epidemiological research aligned with National prioritised research programs.
- To contribute to the development of Public Health Leadership capacity.